Video content has seen a massive surge in the past decade. From YouTube sensations to TikTok’s bite-sized video culture, we are consuming videos like never before. One term you might have come across recently is “bubble video.” What is it? Why is it significant? And how is it changing the landscape of online content? Let’s deep dive into this intriguing concept.
A Brief History of Video Content
Video content, as we know, has evolved considerably since the first motion pictures in the late 19th century. It wasn’t until the 21st century that we saw a genuine democratization of video content:
- VHS to DVD: This shift marked a significant change in video storage and quality. DVD provided a clearer, more durable, and more interactive medium for videos.
- From TV to YouTube: 2005 marked the birth of YouTube, the platform that changed how we consume video content. Anyone could become a creator.
- The Rise of Streaming Services: Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu brought forth the era of binge-watching and on-demand entertainment.
- Bite-sized Video Culture: Apps like Vine (though now defunct) and TikTok created a demand for short, captivating videos.
Now, as we navigate this era of video content, the “bubble video” concept is emerging as a major player.
What Is A Bubble Video?
A video bubble is simply a small video screen that pops up on a website page or social media platform. It often involves autoplay features and remains visible even as the user scrolls down the page. The content displayed within this “bubble” can range from promotional videos to snippets highlighting your latest blog post or product feature.
These bubbles are typically clickable, either redirecting users to other areas of your site or opening additional tabs where viewers get enriched with further content engagements. Now, let’s dive into how you create a video widget in Callendo.
Why Use Video on Your Website?
Before we talk about how to actually create a video bubble, it’s worth discussing why you should use videos on your websites at all.
- Increased Engagement – Videos engage sight and sound, thereby being more immersive than text-based information.
- Boost Conversion Rates – Users who watch video content are reportedly much more likely to make purchases compared to those who don’t.
- Better SEO – Having videos increases the average time spent by visitors on your site. These longer visit durations tell search engines that your site contains relevant content, positively impacting your SEO ranking.
Understanding these benefits will put you in good stead as we move on our step-by-step guide to creating a video bubble.
Features & Benefits
- Multi-tasking Made Simple: You can watch a tutorial on a bubble video while taking notes on another app.
- Enhanced Engagement: The user no longer has to choose between two tasks. They can engage with a video while texting or browsing.
- Customizable Sizes: Most bubble video tools allow you to resize the bubble to your convenience.
- Interactive: Some advanced bubble videos offer interactive features, such as clickable links or embedded quizzes.
- Distraction: Convenience can also be a curse, leading to reduced focus on any single task.
- Device Limitations: Not all devices or operating systems support bubble videos efficiently.
- Overlapping Content: If not appropriately sized or positioned, bubble videos might obscure vital information on the primary screen.
How To Create A Video Bubble: Step By Step
Stage 1: Select Your Content
The first step to creating a video bubble is selecting the specific video content you want to share with your audience. This could be anything from a brief explainer video showing off new products or features to customer testimonials singing your company’s praises.
Stage 2: Create Or Source Your Video
After deciding on the type of content you want to showcase, you’ll need to obtain the actual video. This might involve filming your video using professional equipment (or a smartphone if you’re working on a budget!), hiring a videographer, or sourcing suitable stock footage.
Keep in mind too that there are various apps available to assist with video creation, editing, and scheduling. Exploring some of the best video scheduler app options is highly recommended during this stage.
Stage 3: Implement The Video Into Your Website
Once you’ve obtained the desired video, it’s time to implement it into your website. You’ll proceed to upload the video onto the webpage where you’d like the video bubble to appear.
If you’re using a tool like Callendo to manipulate your website, follow their guidelines on how to create a video widget. Other CMSs may have slightly different methods, but typically the process is relatively straightforward.
Stage 4: Customize And Refine Your Video Bubble
With the preliminary steps out of the way, now comes the exciting part—customizing your video bubble.
Bubble Video in Practice: Real-world Applications
- Education: Platforms like Coursera or Khan Academy could utilize bubble videos to offer students a seamless experience, especially when a lesson requires the simultaneous use of another tool or website.
- Customer Support: Companies can provide instant video assistance without forcing users to leave their primary taskss.
- Gaming: Gamers can watch tutorials or streams as a bubble video while playing.
The Future of Bubble Video
As with any new technology or format, it’s challenging to predict with certainty. However, given the current trajectory, here are some educated guesses:
- Integration with AR: As augmented reality (AR) becomes more mainstream, we could see a blend of bubble videos and AR for an immersive experience.
- Interactive Advertising: Advertisers might leverage bubble video for non-intrusive, interactive ads.
- Personalized Content: With advancements in AI, bubble videos could auto-adjust based on the user’s behavior and preferences.
Bubble video is not just another buzzword; it’s a reflection of our evolving interaction with digital content. Its ability to allow multitasking, enhance user engagement, and offer interactive features places it at the forefront of video content innovation.
However, like all technologies, its success will depend on user adoption, technological advancements, and how creators leverage its unique features. It’s an exciting era for digital content, and bubble video is undoubtedly a trend to keep an eye on.